Location : Nice
Creation date : 2016
Founder : Gaël Desperriès
Sector : Energy / Circular economy
Partners : Paca Est Incubator, French Tech Côte d’Azur
Prizes won : SophiaConf Connected Objects Trophy 2017, CôteInvent’2018 Prize
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
SKAVENJI is looking to democratise energy self-consumption. A box that is plugged into your home, office or classroom, allows anyone to produce and consume directly small amounts of electricity from ‘domestic’ small-scale, or even recovered energy sources.
Engineer by training, specialised in energy; he has developed his company after ten years of working on large industrial projects.
- 150,000 Euros to be raised in 2019-2020, then 100,000 Euros in 2021 for technical and commercial development.
- 2018-2019: 50,000 Euros to deliver
- 2020: 125,000 Euros
- 2021: 525,000 Euros
- Funding requirement: 150,000 Euros
- SKAVENJI has already participated with the Southern Region at the Las Vegas shows (CES2019) and Vivatech2019
SKAVENJI aims to promote the development of low-tech and citizen renewable energies, to open up the Energy Transition to individual contributions, and to help the emergence of a new ecosystem of recovery focused on energy production.
Its ambition: to become ‘the Arduino of energy’!
The start-up is based in CEEI-NCA in Nice, and has began to network locally: partners, subcontractors, first customers mainly in the Southern Region, etc.
SkavenjiBox will be mostly manufactured in the region (electronics in department 06 or 83, casings in 06), and their final assembly will be done in Nice.
The project is in pre-commercialisation phase:
- more than 100 boxes already pre-sold
- R&D and industrialisation in progress to deliver them as soon as possible
- Fundraising to speed up the activity