Location : Var (Signes and Toulon metropolis), Région SUD
Beginning of the project : 2017
Leaders of the project : Consortium formed around the CCI of the Var and ENGIE COFELY, Circuit Paul Ricard, Bateliers de la Côte d’Azur and HYSEAS Energy
Sector : Industry / Energy / Mobility
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
HYNOVAR was created from the joint initiative of HySeas Energy, the CCI of the Var and ENGIE Cofely H2 France to develop a hydrogen maritime shuttle powered by a land-based refueling station. The ambition then evolved towards a better network for the areas around iconic economic centres. Thus two other companies, strongly rooted in the area, joined the project: the Circuit Paul Ricard and Bateliers de la Côte d’Azur. Now, the project brings together the Earth and Sea clusters around one single element: hydrogen, promising and future potential.
The first 2 stations are the industrial cornerstone of the project:
The port area of Toulon – Brégaillon port, through the development of a green hydrogen production unit. Captive users: a tourist maritime shuttle (100 passenger capacity, the 7th of the Bateliers de la Côte d’Azur fleet) and 7 H2 buses (for the Toulon Provence Méditerranée agglomeration). This modular station aims to increase capacity and then, at a later stage, to use hydrogen from higher capacity stations (Fos-sur-Mer, Plateau de Signes). The port of Brégaillon is a strategic place, it is a hub bringing together boat, bus, truck and heavy logistics (rail, locomotive-tractors); Infrastructure of 404 kg / day
The Castellet circuit. This production unit will supply a fleet of 20 light commercial vehicles (including 10 acquired by Free2Move) intended to be offered for carsharing around the Signes Plateau activity area, which has a good concentration of SMEs and activities. It is the cornerstone of a larger deployment on this plateau located near a photovoltaic power generation area. Infrastructure of 20 kg / day
LEADERS OF THE PROJECT
CCI du Var www.var.cci.fr, member of Afhypac, labelled Flexgrid by Capenergies and Pôle Mer Med. Winner of the Prix Energies Citoyennes 19, co-organiser of the 7th JH2 with the AMP metropolis
- Investments in private funds for infrastructure (network): € 450k for a 20 kg station | € 3M for a 400 kg station
- Acquisition or rental of H2 fleets: € 37k per Kangoo, € 625k per bus, € 3m for a maritime shuttle
Total cost: € 18 million including 7 million public funding.
The HYNOVAR territorial project aims to start a regional sector around the carbon-free economy:
- Production and distribution of green hydrogen (renewable energy issue)
- Soft, innovative, intelligent mobility (terrestrial, maritime, rail, light and heavy) via the development of uses (individual, professional and / or collective fleets) (environmental issues, air quality and emission reduction, mobility of the future and smart city, etc.)
- Territorial hydrogen grid with the setting up of fueling stations, starting with the first two Var stations
- Stimulation of a wide prism sector around the Hydrogen value chain with strong, pioneering territorial positioning and value creation (non relocatable jobs, project taxation, attractiveness): R&D, training, innovation, prototyping, related industrial uses (docking of vessels). (blue economy issues, green economy, greening of professions, future sectors, jobs and skills)
Driving departmental projects with a Mediterranean-related vocation: the Mobility of the Future cluster at Signes (open-air laboratory) with the Région SUD,
The Hynovar project is unique in the Southern region in the areas of mobility, particularly maritime and green H2.
It aims to create synergies and complementary activites with other H2 projects in the region and in particular the projects:
- DLVA (Lubéron, Durance) oriented towards use in building and H2 storage
- Ensosp on H2 safety
- Fos with massive production
If it concerns the coastal rim of the French Mediterranean as far as the land sector is concerned, it holds innovative and virtuous promises in the field of navigation for the maritime sector.
It benefits from the support of major regional players: Région Sud (1 forward-thinking cop, OIR energies of tomorrow), Rising Sud, Capenergies, SDIS 83, etc.
March 2020 > Creation of the project and operating company
End of 2020 > Installation 1st station