Africa Digital Hub
Location : Tunis, Bizerte, Région SUD
Beginning of the project :
Leaders of the project : Tunisia DTA Group; France Icone SA
Sector : Digital
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
A demonstrator including a Datacentre in Bizerte connected to another datacentre in the Région SUD, powered by renewable energy. Interconnection and BackUp.
First stone of “Bizerte Digital Port”
Studies for the Co-construction of a Large African Interconnection Hub integrating four digital cardinal points, namely Bizerte, Djibouti, South Africa and West Africa
Representative demonstrator allowing scalability for each of the other sites.
LEADERS OF THE PROJECT
€ 3100 k
Tunisian consortium leader with French partners
Financing plan rolled out mainly over 2 years:
2019 € 40 k Phase 1 Preliminary Design
2020 € 1760 k Phase 2 Year 1
2021 € 1300 k Phase 3 Year 2
- Total cost: 3.5M EUR
Type of expected funding:
- € 1.2 M FEDER INNOVATION call for projects
- € 1.9 M Calls for projects Valuation of future sectors / PIA 3
- Initialisation of Smart City strategic governance on both shores
- Co-construction of infrastructure projects, innovation pooling
- Synergy with the economic world, enterprise business
- Improving the living conditions of the inhabitants of the metropolises
- Contributing to a forward-thinking cop
- Boost for Smartech OIR
- Leverage effect for data intelligence and resilience in the Mediterranean
Euro-Mediterranean cooperation, jobs generated (creation / maintenance), spin-offs for the sectors, social and environmental impact, etc.):
Strategic and virtuous infrastructure project involving the two shores
Use vector and economic development for the future Lower carbon footprint of the Mediterranean.
Strengthening interface between Southern Region Leadership and Gateway Europe / Africa.